I just wanted to give a quick product review for the Cosco Umbrella Stroller that I bought on a recent trip.
Pros: It’s cheap ($10.90 at Walmart), folds up to the size of a golf umbrella, manuevers pretty well, is lightweight and opens and closes very easily
Cons: The handles are short and nonadjustable, it doesn’t recline, there’s no basket or cupholder and the one I have doesn’t have a canopy
Recommendation: This is a great stroller to have on a trip because it takes up minimal space in the trunk of a car. It is also pretty good for trips around the neighborhood, to the park and even the mall.
I have to admit that I was first drawn to this stroller because of the price. I was taking a pretty extensive car trip and didn’t want to waste the room on my snugrider stroller. I also wasn’t quite ready to invest in a Maclaren stroller. When I saw this I figured, this was perfect for my trip and I hadn’t wasted a lot of money.
Once I started using it, I found that I really liked it and I am really happy in my investment (if you can call $10.99 an investment!). I now plan on continuing to use it. I like the ‘no frills’ aspect of the stroller and Becca seems really comfortable in it. She was even able to fall asleep on a recent neighborhood walk. My biggest complaint about this stroller is it’s lack of canopy.
Here’s a few links for the stroller:
This is the stroller I have (although mine does not have the canopy). You definitely want one with a canopy! The lack of canopy has prevented me from using my stroller as much as I would like.
This is the same brand with a reclining seat, canopy and a basket. The only thing it is missing is a cup holder!
Below is a great graphic which illustrates when you might expect to see new teeth poking out of your beautiful baby’s gums. It also gives you an idea of when they will be losing them as well.
Remember that every baby is an individual so it is possible that s/he may not follow this schedule exactly. For some reason, no one ever bothered to give our children an instructional manual (or they choose to ignore it).
I saw this image on a message board. Here’s the url to get the image: http://health.yahoo.com/media/healthwise/nr551869.jpg
I thought I would start by posting some of the info I put together during my pregnancy so here is my Cesarean Birth Plan. I had a scheduled Cesarean becuase beutiful Becca insisted on remaining in the breech position despite my best efforts. This plan was created after doing a fair amount of research on what should be included.
I discussed this with my OB at my last appointment and brought it to the hospital with me. I found the nurses extremely responsive to my needs so I didn’t feel the need to bring it out while I was there.
I remember babycenter.com contained a lot of helpful information on this. I will also post my Vaginal Birth Plan as well.
Cesarean Birth Plan
This birth plan is intended to express the preferences and desires we have for the birth of our baby during our planned cesarean. It is not intended to be a script. We fully realize that situations may arise such that our plan cannot and should not be followed. However, we hope that barring any extenuating circumstances, you will be able to keep us informed and aware of our options. Thank you.
I would like ___________ to be with me throughout the entire procedure. If _______ is not available for any reason, I hope to have my friend xxxxx with me in his place for support. If in an emergency ________ is unavailable, please keep him informed on his cell phone xxxxx .
- I would like to remain awake during the procedure.
- I would prefer for my arms not to be strapped down/restrained so I can touch my baby.
- We would appreciate being kept informed during the surgery.
- If possible, please show us our baby briefly before taking him to be cleaned.
- ________ would like to cut the cord.
- ________ and I would like to hold our baby as soon as possible.
- ________ would like to take photographs and film when possible.
- If our baby is healthy, please allow ________ and our baby to stay with me while the operation is finished.
- Any pain medications should be compatible with breastfeeding please.
- I would like to be able to return to my room as quickly as possible after the operation.
- I would like to be able to breastfeed as soon as possible.
y partner present at all times during the operation
Post Partum and Baby Care
- I would like ________ to stay with the baby at all times if I can’t be there.
- Footprint- If possible I would appreciate a footprint of my baby be placed in my baby book,
- Breast feeding only – I would like to start as soon as I am able to and would appreciate any assistance/advice.
- Please do not feed our baby by other means without discussing this with either ________ or myself.
- Please do not offer a pacifier.
- Non-urgent procedures (such as first bath) – I request these to be delayed until after my return to the room.
- I would like to eat after the surgery if I am hungry – I have spoken to Dr ____________ about this.
- No visitors to be allowed to visit before my return from recovery.